Scholarship Opportunity: Comprehensive Training Program for Rodent Microvascular Surgery
Kent Scientific is excited to partner with Inside Scientific to host a series of hands-on workshops instructed by Dr. Yelena Akelina, DVM, MS, Director, Microsurgery Lab, Orthopaedic Surgery at Columbia University. Dr. Akelina will share her expertise on rodent microsurgery in a small laboratory environment at these hands-on workshops, which will be held in October and December.
The learning outcomes of the workshop include:
- Ability to work with surgical microscopes, micro instruments, and sutures
- Gentle dissection and handling of fragile tissues
- How to perform different basic surgical procedures on rodent models
- Ability to complete different microvascular anastomoses on small (less than 1 mm diameter) vessels
- Ability to perform peripheral nerve repair on sciatic nerve models
- Surgical planning and decision making skills
- Inter-operative and post-operative animal care
Kent Scientific will fund a full-tuition scholarship for two selected individuals to attend the workshop of their choice. Click here to learn more about the workshops. The deadline to apply is July 31st, 2023.