Single animal noninvasive blood pressure system
The CODA® mouse and rat tail-cuff system was designed to allow you to accurately measure the blood pressure of a single mouse or rat. The CODA® tail-cuff blood pressure system utilizes Volume Pressure Recording (VPR) sensor technology to measure the mouse or rat tail blood pressure. This method is clinically validated and is in wide usage.
If you would like to send us an enquiry about this product, please click the button below, fill in the form and submit.Product Enquiry
In all, the CODA® monitor measures six blood pressure parameters: systolic, diastolic, and mean BP, heart rate, tail blood volume and blood flow. Accurate, consistent and reliable readings can be taken from awake or anesthetized animals.
Features & Benefits
- MRI Compatible
- Measure blood pressure in imaging applications
- Measure 8 g Mice to 950 g Rats
- Single system for multiple weight ranges
- Diastolic BP is Measured, Not Calculated
- Accurate data for your research
- Measurements Based on Volume and Pressure
- Easily obtain readings from dark-skinned animals
- Clear Holders with Dark Nosecone
- Measure awake or anesthetized animals
All Systems Include
- NIBP controller
- Built-in touch screen display
- Far infrared warming pad, 8″ x 10″
- A 10-pack of disposable sleeve protectors for the far infrared warming pad
- Non-contact infrared thermometer
- Cuff kit (*size to be defined at time of order)
- Cardiovascular Genomics textbook
- Product manual
- 1-Year 100% Parts & Labor Warranty (Extended 2-Year Warranty available)
All CODA® Monitor base systems include the following module:
|Free RightTemp® Temperature Monitoring & Homeothermic Control Module|
|Tolerance||+/– 0.2° C|
|Accuracy||25°C to 45°C|
|Operating Temp.||–40°C to 80° C|
|Sensor Diameter||Ball Tip Diameter: 1.65 mm max|
|Time Constant||10.0 seconds|
|Dissipation Constant||0.75 m/W (° C)|
With the CODA®, You Can Measure:
- 6 blood pressure parameters: systolic, diastolic, and mean BP, heart rate, tail blood volume and blood flow
- Mice as small as 8 grams to rats as large as 950 grams
- Diastolic blood pressure measured, not just a calculated value
- Dark-skinned mice (C57BL/6) without difficulty
- Awake or anesthetized animals with equal accuracy, consistency, and reliability
- Anesthetized animals in a radiological environment (MRI compatibility)
See How the Noninvasive Tail-Cuff System Works
The animal nose cone holders that accompany the CODA system were specifically designed for noninvasive tail blood pressure measurements. The clear acrylic holders provide unrestricted breathing and allow complete visibility to the researcher.
The VPR sensor incorporates a specially designed differential pressure transducer that measures the systolic and diastolic blood pressure by determining the blood volume in the tail. We have cuff sizes for mice as small as 8 grams to rats as large as 950 grams.
What is Volume Pressure Recording (VPR)?
VPR is a clinically validated method to measure blood pressure in mice and rats by determining the tail blood volume using a volume pressure recording sensor and an occlusion tail-cuff. VPR provides 99% correlation with telemetry and direct blood pressure measurements. Only our VPR technology can actually measure the diastolic blood pressure; all other tail-cuff technologies estimate (calculate) the diastolic blood pressure in mice and rats.
Upgrade Your CODA Monitor with CODA Data Acquisition Software
If you are interested in analyzing your data, tracking animals or groups of animals, assigning animals to specific researchers or technicians you can upgrade the CODA Monitor to include the CODA Data Acquisition Software.
The CODA® Software Allows You To:
- Store and save all of your data
- Save each reading in both numeric and graphical representation
- Easily create experiment summary reports
- Identify and group animals
- Assign animals to researchers
- Accept or reject blood pressure measurements after the experiment
The CODA® Software is compatible with Windows® 7, 8 & 10, 64 bit.
Animal Stress Level Evaluation
CODA Noninvasive Pressure Systems Brochure
CODA USer’s Guide
Data Management Guide
Noninvasive Blood Pressure Publications
VPR Validation Study