Automated Blood Sampler (ABS2)
Instech’s ABS2™ automates the collection of blood samples. By eliminating labor-intensive manual withdrawals it can streamline DMPK research. It can also reduce the stress on subjects caused by handling.
If you would like to send us an enquiry about this product, please click the button below, fill in the form and submit.Product Enquiry
ABS2 Automated Blood Sampler
The Instech ABS2™ automated blood sampler automates the collection of blood samples from laboratory animals including mice, rats and large animals. By eliminating labour-intensive manual withdrawals it can substantially increase the throughput of pharmacokinetics research groups. It can also reduce the stress on animals caused by handling and venipuncture.
The sampler withdraws blood from a tethered freely-moving animal according to your programmed schedule, stores the samples in an integrated refrigerated fraction collector, and replaces the withdrawn volumes with IV fluid. You control and monitor sampling schedules, volumes and withdrawal rates for up to 12 animals from a central computer.
Features and Benefits
- Low stress samples, a 3Rs refinement and possibly better data as well
- Increased throughput
- Accurate microsample volumes and accurate time points
- Overnight time points collected with ease
- One machine for a range of species—mice, rats and large animals
Unique advantages of the ABS2 blood sampling system include:
- Undiluted samples, verified by in-line sensors
- A short collection path, to minimize mixing and collection times
- Less than five µL of blood wasted per sample, to minimize hemodilution
- The flexibility to work with a range of species, from mice and rats to large animals
This second-generation autosampler builds on the proven foundation of a series of precision peristaltic pumps to move blood and IV fluids directly to their destinations. The fraction collector has been redesigned from the ground up for additional features and high reliability.
|ABS210||Automated blood sampler, 2nd gen, 10 position carousel||Specs|
Watch video demonstrations: